Citrine quartz, also called stone of prosperity, is one of the foundation stones of the holy city of Jerusalem, according to the Bible. It is one of those stones that attracts fortune and helps you in business, in addition to developing your creativity.
Today I come to tell you what is citrine quartz, the stone that is said to be an inexhaustible reservoir of solar energy.
The meaning of citrine quartz
Citrine quartz is often confused with the topaz stone. It is true that the appearance of both stones is very similar, but they have nothing to do with each other. Their similarity is so great that many people know it as Brazilian Topaz.
The formation of this gem of unlimited healing occurs deep in the earth, in amethyst deposits. It is the amethyst that melts due to the high temperatures, giving rise to yet another variety of quartz, citrine. Because of this circumstance, yellow quartz possesses a very powerful energy. Due to the peculiar formation of this special stone, you should be careful when buying citrine. It is easy to be sold a fake citrine, the result of heating the amethyst, or purple quartz, at a temperature of 400ºC.
With this «trick» an alteration in the iron content is achieved, resulting in a stone very similar to the real yellow quartz. In the past, this stone was used as a talisman to protect against plague and skin problems, as well as to ward off evil thoughts. It is a stone that is related to happiness and prosperity, nourishing the spirit and favoring concentration.
It is especially recommended for those who think that the past was better, because it helps them to let go of the ties of the past and enjoy the events that happen in the present.
That is, it is able to dissolve the melancholy promoting wisdom in those disorganized emotional disorders.
Properties of citrine quartz
Citrine quartz is such a powerful stone that it grants you everything you ask for. So, if you carry a specimen of this powerful stone, be careful what you think because it will grant it to you.
Let’s take a look at the properties that the prodigious citrine quartz can offer you:
Citrine Quartz Properties
- It is a regenerative stone that is used to discharge all negative energies. In addition to discharging and cleansing them, it also helps to drive away all negative energies.
- It is also purifying because it is used to eliminate bad vibrations from the environment. In fact, it is widely used in feng shui to eradicate those negative energies that may be in the environment.
- It radiates positive energy everywhere. It is related to generosity, self-esteem and self-confidence giving you self-confidence. This will bring happiness, abundance, wealth and success into your life.
- It is highly recommended to help against depression and phobias. Being a stone related to the ego, it will help you if you suffer from any of these disorders.
Yellow quartz is a highly positive stone; if you are going through a difficult time and need a strong emotional support I advise you to get one of these stones. It will lift your self-esteem giving you optimism and a pleasant feeling of full happiness.
- Emotional protector of your home. If you are living a time of adverse situations at home or you have to go somewhere with negative energies, citrine is your stone. It will protect you from negative environments thanks to its positive energy and illumination.
- Citrine is used to channel energy from the crown chakra to the plexus, which will activate your creativity and concretize the creative process.
- It strengthens your aura. Thanks to its strong energy and ability to eliminate bad vibrations around you, citrine quartz will protect your aura helping you to lead a full and happy life.
- It activates the crown chakra thus awakening intuition.
- It is a happy and generous stone, besides being part of the group of stones of abundance.
- It helps you to look to the future with optimism. In addition, if you look at it you will notice how your joy increases at times – It promotes inner calm so that wisdom can emerge.
Citrine quartz does not need cleaning as it absorbs, transmutes, dissipates and conducts negative energy to Earth, so it can protect any environment or clean other stones.
Healing properties of citrine
As with all precious and semi-precious stones, citrine quartz is also very suitable to prevent some diseases or help cure certain ailments. Let’s see which ones:
- It is an energizing stone that works very well against fatigue.
- Highly recommended to treat liver, kidney and biliary problems.
- It relieves any stomach discomfort and pain in the abdominal area.
- Stimulates digestion, spleen and pancreas.
- Helps blood detoxification by increasing blood circulation.
- Balances the thyroid gland.
- Provides improvement in ocular processes.
- Relieves constipation.
- Eliminates cellulite.
- Helps relieve menstrual cramps.
Uses of citrine
This powerful stone capable of lifting your self-esteem and helping you to have better sleep quality if you put it under your pillow, has also these uses:
- Base chakra: lie down in a relaxed state on your bed, place the citrine quartz on your left groin and stay like that for ten minutes. If you do this every day you will get protection and relief in inflammatory and painful processes of muscular origin.
Heart chakra: in the same posture as above, which means lying in a relaxed position for 10 minutes every day. Put your citrine in the heart, directly on your skin and you will be protected against any type of disease that has to do with the respiratory tract and circulatory system.
- Solar plexus chakra: without a doubt, this is the most important of all the uses you can give to your yellow quartz. It will give you an injection of energy when you need it; you will feel relaxed and rejuvenated. It is highly recommended when you suffer from chronic conditions of the spleen, liver, pancreas, colon and gallbladder. It will also help you in case you have any respiratory disease or digestive and nervous system. In addition, it will be a good companion to combat diabetes. Put the stone directly on your skin, in the area of the ovaries, kidneys or even on your mammary glands.
- Chakra of the larynx: practice with your citrine quartz on your body while you are relaxed and lying down for 10 minutes a day. It will help you to improve your facility of speech and overcome shyness. In the relaxation posture and with the stone on your chest you will eliminate any feelings of guilt you may have.
- Third eye chakra: place the yellow quartz between your eyebrows while practicing daily relaxation and it will protect you from mental and psychological illnesses.
- Umbilical chakra: it is in the navel area. If during your daily 10 minutes of relaxation you place the citrine quartz above your navel, you will be stimulating your immune system. And if you place it above it, it will protect you from possible diseases related to the digestive system.
You can also wear your yellow quartz as a pendant; in fact, it is a stone widely used in costume jewelry. You will achieve a pleasant state of inner peace and tranquility. And to help you in meditation, get a spherical stone; you will notice a lot of progress.