Have you already decided to adopt a new kitten ? Then the only thing left for you to do is to find a name for it. To help you, I have prepared a list of original names for cats. Read on.
If you have adopted or are thinking of adopting a kitten, you know that a new friendship is about to be born in your life. You are going to spend many years together, so it is very important to choose a beautiful name with a meaning that fills you up inside. What’s more, if you’re here, it’s probably because you’re not sure which one to get, and that’s why we’ve prepared almost 400 names for female cats. Check them all out!
Everything you should consider when choosing a name for a cat
- Choose a short name: Experts say that the name should not be composed of more than 3 syllables. Cats can memorize their name, but it must be concise, without unnecessary lengthening.
- Simple pronunciation: If it can be easily pronounced, then it can be learned.
- Cat’s way of being: The kitten’s way of being can give you some clues about the name you can give it. Therefore, you can wait a bit to see what it really looks like.
- Beware of confusion: Also, you should not use as a name those words that you use on a daily basis on a regular basis. You will only create confusion and the cat will not pay attention to you.
The best names for female cats
To begin with, I suggest you take a look at this list of original names for female cats. I have compiled it after a rigorous search on the net. You don’t have to use them as they are, they can be used to create new names from them.
alert-announce] Yes, we know it’s very complicated to keep just one name. What you can do is either combine more than one, or choose one at random. You can also make the cat itself choose it: use different pieces of paper, put them on the floor and bet on the paper that comes first. Then there will be no doubt: the cat will have chosen its name.[/alert-announce].
The best names for cute kitty cats
Your cuddly kitty needs a name that matches the way she is, and I can help you with that too. If you read on, you’ll find the best names for sweet, cuddly and endearing kitties.
Still haven’t found the perfect nickname for your kitty? Try these tips
The color of the cat is a reference to take into account when choosing the name. Sometimes it’s as easy as looking at them to make a decision:
- If the cat is black: Blacky, Nesquik, Cookie, Brownie, , Shadow, Biscuit, Sombrita.
- If the cat is white: Nevada, Cielo, Nata, Bola de Nieve, Luz, Bianco, Blanquita.
- If the cat is multi-colored: Confetti, Manchitas, Fuego, Rainbow, Pequitas, Begonia, Iris, Letamen.
- If it is a golden or yellow cat: Dorada, Mandarina, Naranjita, Sol, Arena, Ámbar, Flama, Rosa, Fanta.